Thursday, October 12, 2006

thankfulness

I don't tend to complain a lot (at least I don't think I do), but I'm not generally very content. I think about how I don't like my job, how I'm sick of living at home, how do I don't feel very useful, how my closest friends aren't around here, and how painful it is to learn the things God is teaching me some times.
But the truth is, I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a job that pays well and gives me insurance, and it's pretty easy. I have a great family, and this is a wonderful opportunity to spend time with them and get to know the four most recent additions (and living at home is helping me save money). I have friends here to be thankful for, and I am friends with amazing people scattered all over the country that I have shared wonderful experiences with. I'm learning a lot, even though it's painful, and I'm becoming the man God wants me to be. I'm learning to love and to be loved.
I may not feel very useful right now, but instead of complaining I should do something about that. I think I need to find some sort of organization to volunteer with or something...

P.S. It snowed here...and it stuck on the ground :) Much to be thankful for...it's beautiful.

No comments: