Monday, October 02, 2006

storms and books

I love thunderstorms...they are so beautiful and powerful.

I love books...I've recently discovered that reading is a great way to take my mind off certain things. I finally finished The Idiot. I love Russian literature, although I like Tolstoy a little more than Dostoyevsky, he does a better job at pulling the reader into the story and captivating one's attention.

I read Confessions of an Economic Hitman over the past week or so. I will definitely post more on this later, but I would definitely recommend it, it was amazing.

I picked A People's History of the United States back up...I had kind of forgotten about it. It's fascintating, but I'm not going to lie-it reads like a history textbook a lot of the time. This makes for very slow going.

At the suggestion of a friend, I picked up The River Why this weekend, I think I'm very much going to enjoy it.

I'm excited to read Tan Como el Jazz soon (Blue like Jazz in Spanish). I enjoy Donald Miller, and this should be a great chance to practice my Spanish skills.

Lots of reading to do...but now I'm going to bed.

Peace.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I was lying in bed this morning hoping the power was out at school so I could sleep during the storm... but alas, it was not.
Fantastic storm!
Hope you enjoyed YOUR sleep.

ariel said...

No way, Dostoevsky's way better than Tolstoy. Better characters.

What'd you think of Blue Like Jazz?

Let's here more about this economic hitman.