Monday, August 27, 2007

Life in these United States

I love having friends in other countries, because I get to read about their adventures and the things they are learning. I also get to learn from their experiences. I also like the fact that I can sit here on my computer and read the News in my inbox. It really gives me no excuse for not having some idea what's going on in the world.
I came across a story in the NY Times today that hits somewhat close to home, as I've spent a significant amount of time in Mexico, just across the border from Texas. Some of the border cities on the US are very nice, but there are many neighborhoods that don't look much different than the poor colonias on the Mexican side of the border. This story deals with those neighborhoods and the people who live there. Check it out. Please.

(If that link didn't work, copy and paste this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/27/us/27colonias.html?ex=1345953600&en=f932dd57a886c9a8&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

No comments: