Wednesday, August 23, 2006

self denial

My RD from school is a very wise man...even though he is only about 2 years older than me. For graduation he gave me a book about self-denial called "In the Shadow of the Cross". I wish that I had read it then. I just picked it up today, but if I had read it sooner and taken its message to heart, I wouldn't be going through all the pain I'm dealing with now.
I made some mistakes this weekend and I'm paying dearly for it now. It hurts so much, it's hard to have faith that life will be normal again. God has been good though. He has definitely used this to draw me closer to him, and he is already beginning to show me some of the peace that I am praying for.
I lost the best thing I ever had. I don't want to move on. I don't want to fall in love again. I don't want to believe that anything else could ever come close to this.

1 comment:

ariel said...

We all hear ya -- it does feel unbelievably awful. Usually we're dense enough to fall in love again, though, so something about it must be worth the pain, hm? I've dealt with some of that same crap (from the very little I know about what you're going through), and this isn't any consolation, but you will feel better in time. Sometimes it doesn't seem like we deserve to feel better, though, does it? Or sometimes we'd rather be miserable.