Thursday, August 24, 2006

Kingdom of Heaven

I watched Kingdom of Heaven tonight-great movie.
Watching it made me want to do theatre.

There were a lot of great quotes, and maybe I'll watch it again and write them down and share some of them here, but one of them that hit me was something along the lines of "a man is not a man unless he tries to make the world better."
What am I doing to make the world better? To an extent don't I need to make myself better first? I think I have some issues to take care of before I think I'm really ready to make the world better. I've caused too much pain and heartache, things have to change.
The main character's wife recently committed suicide because her child died...how incredibly painful that must be. I didn't know my heart was capable of feeling the pain it feels now, but that pain must be far more intense than what I'm feeling...hard to imagine.

No comments: