Friday, February 01, 2008

great

If you're not using Gmail (Google's e-mail) yet, I would highly encourage you to switch. Not only is the amount of storage virtually limitless, but one can send and receive large attachments. What may make the biggest difference though is their spam filters, which I have found to be 99.99% effective. It is incredibly rare that any spam makes it into my inbox or that real mail gets filtered out (years of using yahoo and hotmail still have me paranoid that I'm going to miss something important, so I feel the need to check my spam box regularly.)
On top of it being the best e-mail option there is, it is very well integrated with Google Calendar, Picasa, and Google Docs. In firefox you can even get an extension that integrates Google reader. Oh, and did I mention Google Chat/Google Talk?
And it's Google, so of course the search capabilities are phenomenal. I've never spent more than 30 seconds looking for an old e-mail.
Do yourself a favor and switch today. Stop wasting time sorting through spam and searching for old messages.
(They also support POP3 and IMAP for those needed that feature.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...from an avid Gmail user, fan, and proponent...

just remember that Google will be reading your emails and marketing stuff to you!