Wednesday, January 02, 2008

elections

The Iowa caucuses are tomorrow, and the Michigan primaries are only 12 days away. While I think this whole primary/caucus system we have is a little messed up, I hope you're still going to vote. Michigan moved it's primary forward against the wishes of the Democratic and Republican parties, and so the ballot I get in 12 days won't have a few of the candidates on it. I won't be able to vote for Obama, and I think Edwards might have pulled his name as well. However, I still plan on voting. I like Kucinich (although I don't know as much about him as the 3 front-runners), and even though it might not look like he stands much of a chance, I would love to see him win in Michigan, and see how that throws a wrench in the race.
Get out and vote...no matter where you live, because this country (and hence, the world) is in crappy shape, and someone needs to do something about it.

No comments: