Sunday, September 30, 2007

organic

I stopped at "Harvest Health", the organic foods store on my way home from work the other day to pick up groceries. I definitely had a bit of sticker shock at the check-out. Just as I rationalized the cost and told myself that I would get used to it quick enough, this argument came into my mind: Should I spend extra money on groceries to do my part to take care of the earth? Or should I use that extra money to help people get food that aren't getting enough?
I think that buying organic food is great...it makes sure the earth is being taken food care of, it's healthier, it ensures that people who work harvesting the good don't have to be exposed to damaging chemicals, and it tastes great! But are those things worth the extra money when so many people are going without food?
I don't know what to do with this. I need some insight.
Oh, and remember to check out The Hunger Site everyday

No comments: