Sunday, March 18, 2007

I love Latin America

It's been a pretty uneventful week, and everything is going well. A whole bunch of groups came in yesterday, which can be good and bad...hopefully it´s a good experience for all of them. I need to come back to Latin America at some point and be in a setting where I'm interacting with locals more and not around gringos so much...we'll see what I can come up with.
I'm trying to decide whether it would be good for me to be in latin America full-time long-term, or if I should be in the states, making money, raising awareness, and supporting projects here....thoughts?

For those of you who don't know...I arrived in Guatemala about 3.5 weeks ago, and aside from a week I'm spending in mexico, I'll be here until the end of june. I'm in San Lucas Toliman (on Lake Atitlan), volunteering with the Catholic mission here, it's going pretty well so far...

No comments: