Sunday, November 25, 2007

good gifts

I dislike gift shopping. Many of the people I "have" to shop for have "everything", and I don't like buying things that won't be used. At the same time, I dislike all the consumerism that goes along with Christmas, (check out Advent Conspiracy) and don't want to buy gifts just for the sake of buying gifts. I like the idea of buying a goat for a poor family in someone's name, but don't feel that many people are terribly appreciative of having goats given in their name rather than receiving a gift. Enter The Hunger Site. I told you about them before-click there every day and they use the money from ads to give food to people-awesome. They also have a store! This is awesome because:
1. The purchase of gifts in the store help The Hunger Site give food to more people.
2. They have some awesome and creative gifts.
3. They have a large fair trade section.
I plan to buy at least some of my gifts from this site and encourage you to do the same. Anyone else have ideas like this they can share?

No comments: